THE SPIRIT OF THE GULF CHALLENGE:
- Find a photo or other resource depicting some living aspect of the Gulf of Mexico before the oil disaster or
- Tap into your spirit and use your imagination
- Make a drawing, painting or other piece of creative work with love and gratitude for the beautiful life of whatever you're depicting.
- Post what you make on your website, include a link to this post to Spirit of the Gulf Challenge
- (or the facebook group — (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=127832103901693) and put the icon below in your sidebar with a link to this post (or the facebook group).
- Now a facebook group at Spirit of the Gulf facebook group. You can link to your work there! (This should simplify sharing.)
- Invite 5 of your friends or favorite artists to accept this challenge, include a link to this post, the facebook page, copy this description of the challenge and the icon below for their sidebar.
My Gulf of Mexico sketches.
What a magical sight it is to watch a Gulf rainstorm dance it's way to the shore. What silly sight it is to see me try and out run one! This was done recently from memory.
These sketches were done on site a while ago to catch one day of many moods on the Gulf.
To complete Suzanne's challenge I invite Elaine Magliacane, Dan Kent and any other artist out there who would like to share their vision of the Gulf of Mexico to join us in a visual tribute to the area, its people and creatures.