Monday, January 12, 2009
…On Such a Winter's Day
The gray, cold Chicago-winter has me dreaming of a warm sunny day at the beach. This is a watercolor memory of the sea grass on the beach at Long Boat Key, Florida.
It's been a quite a holiday season—a house full of family, broken water main, snow and more snow and my husband's broken ankle added an unexpected element. Still it was full of fun and blessings. Things are getting back to normal (whatever that is).
I must thank Marva at Pencil-Paper-Paint for giving me an award way back in December. With my meager posts lately, she has every right to revoke it. I apologize for my tardy response. I really do appreciate your kind words and support!
Suzanne at A Brush with Color tagged me -again way back in the beginning of December- to post seven interesting or random facts about myself- so here goes:
1. I attended 9 different schools before I graduated from high school.
2. My husband and I became engaged 18 days after we met. That was 40 years ago!
3. I lived in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba during the Cuban revolution.
4. I don't remember not loving to draw.
5. I've always been a "City Girl" at heart.
6. I was a lifeguard.
and (drum roll, please)
7. One of my New Year's resolutions is to draw and blog more frequently!