Monday, June 27, 2011

If You Don't Like the Weather in Chicago Wait a Minute


A few of us from the Monday Sketch Group braved the iffy weather to sketch at River Walk by the Du Sable Bridge (formerly known as the Michigan Avenue Bridge.) It was worth the risk! It turned out to be a beautiful afternoon and a great place to sketch. We'll return there again, I'm sure.

I'm glad I managed to sketch "architecture," something I usually don't hone in on, but how I sat there on the Chicago River and didn't paint any water is beyond me! LOL

4 comments :

  1. Excellent sketch... I shy away from buildings too many straight lines for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love this.

    We were in Chicago last week! I wonder if I saw you somewhere. It's such a wonderful city--it was gorgeous last Saturday, wasn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Chicago is a great city-always something going on! Last Saturday I took the Chicago Architectural Foundation's Chicago River boat tour with family visitors. It never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog makes me want to go downtown for a change of pace before the weather gets too cold. Lovely sketch!

    ReplyDelete