Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Midwest: One Drawing at a Time


Urban Sketchers is a network of artists from around the world who work to encourage on location sketching and to show the world "one drawing at a time". Now Kate (Cathy) Johnson, artist and author, has started the Midwest chapter of the group. I've added my sketches to the USK flickr group for a while and I'm excited to be a correspondent to the Urban Sketcher - Midwest blog!

In my Chicago neighborhood there are five Starbucks in a five block radius. I've visited and sketched in them all. This sketch was done in one of them during a pit stop the middle of a very busy week. On the USK – Midwest blog I'll be sharing my favorite Chicago places as well as some of the  more mundane spots. I'm also looking forward to seeing my fellow contributors' "midwest". I hope you'll stop by Urban Sketchers – Midwest and enjoy the view!

No comments :

Post a Comment