Thursday, February 16, 2012

Working on It




These are two practice watercolors. I'm working on control of the medium but still trying to give up control at the same time. They're over worked and I have a very long way to go. Thanks to a class with David R. Becker, I'm enjoying the trip .

Speaking of which- the paintings are done from photos from a trip to Barcelona in 2010. The top one is the old Cathedral in the Gothic Quarter and the one below it is in Antoni Gaudi's Sagrada Familia.  It struck me how this cathedral builder is a living link to those nameless artists who labored centuries ago. I'm also reminded of the book Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett – a great read.

4 comments :

  1. Funny link here... did you do that or was it a goof? I love your paintings and hoped to find out more about your instructor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thanks Elaine! The funky link is fixed. I'm not much of a multi-tasker and the first link was a surprise I was looking at for my grandson (and his father)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous paintings! If these are the "practice" paintings, I can't wait to see the final versions...lovely!

    ReplyDelete