Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Punt is a Fall Word


Our Monday sketch group met this week in Old Town in Chicago. It was a beautiful day in a picturesque spot! When I arrived at our designated meeting spot I was early but decided to start sketching right away. Stool? Check. Palette? Check. Brushes? Check. Sketchbook? Sketchbook? Um sketchbook? Good thing Old Town is known for its great shops as well as its charm. I ducked into a little card shop. On the door was a sign that read "Civility isn't a sign of weakness".  I knew I'd find something I'd like in there and I did.
 I picked up a pad of Italian writing paper that had a nice weight and hand but wasn't too pricey. It took the paint without too much buckling. I'll put the rest of the paper to use for some pen and ink sketches.  All in all it was a very good afternoon.

1 comment :

  1. Love those greens, and hint of fall colors too. I love your writing and positive outlook even though you forgot your sketchbook. Lovely page.

    ReplyDelete