Friday, January 31, 2014

Muti and Ma – Marvelous!

Yo Yo Ma

Bob and I braved the cold and walked to the Symphony Center yesterday morning to attend an open rehearsal of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.  How could we resist, two Shubert pieces and a contemporary concerto for cellos and orchestra by Sollima? Sollima played the other cello along with Yo Yo Ma. Riccardo Muti was the conductor. What a way to spend a morning! I think I smiled all day!

I wasn't familiar with Sollima but I intend to remedy that starting today. Later I'll listen to his Carravagio. It seems like a good place to start.

This sketch was done on the back of my program. I added the splash of color when I got home.

1 comment :

  1. Fantastic sketch ... and what a great program! The cello is one of my favorites, low and sweet, elegiac.

    ReplyDelete