Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Clap for Me

Last night I went to a book signing at Borders. Isaac Mizrahi was signing his book "How to Have Style". It was great people watching! I'm proud of myself for taking out my sketchbook while we were waiting and actually using it! This summer's Monday sketch group really helped me with my phobia about drawing in public without being hidden from view.

It was a fun evening all around. The sketching results were not so great, but that's O.K. it will get better!

11 comments :

  1. Applause!! These are great! Nice resemblance to Issac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the contrary, Barbara, your sketches are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I,too, want to become brave and sketch out in the world! I will use you for inspiration :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I beg to differ, these little character sketches seem great to me. And I'd never have eough courage to sketch in public, so for that, too, I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. I really like these. I am trying to get up the courage to draw people in public. very nice job

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great collection...wonderful spread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sketches are awesome!!! I'm applauding you and your courage!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great, Barbara—Love the one of Isaac.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clap! clap! clap! I think these came out terrific. They show lots of character of the people you drew. Love the added color too. And that is brave of you. I've only done public drawing once and that was in a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love these little sketches....cute!

    ReplyDelete