Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Everything Old is New Again

I'm starting a large project at work so I'm cleaning my studio (still or again?) in preparation. These old Starbuck sketches came to the surface.






When I was in high school, in Newport, RI, we used to stop at a coffee shop everyday on our way down Bellevue Avenue to the bus terminal. On dates we would go to the Ballad Room just off "the Avenue". It was a coffee house that made us feel very hip. LOL. Now I go to Starbucks sometimes with my husband, sometimes with my grandchildren, sometimes by myself and I still love a coffee house and a good cup of coffee!

2 comments :

  1. Coffee and people sketches...they just go together, like milk and cookies. Great sketches...keep cleaning and post your treasures!
    ronell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice sketches - you have a wonderful sense of composition. My brother lives in Newport - what a great place to be from! I love going there to visit.

    ReplyDelete