Friday, July 24, 2015

Road Trip!

Scenes from the Ohio Turnpike
We took a quick trip east for my greatnephew's baptism and a side trip to Manhattan to the 9/11 Memorial and the Freedom Tower – too short but memorable. There's also something about a family road trip that either brings out the best or worst in people. This one brought out the best. We had a great time. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania Turnpikes go on F O R E V E R. Good thing I had my Stillman & Birn sketchbook and tiny Velasquez palette with me. I used museum putty to anchor the half pans in a little Altoids tin. I added Hookers Green to his Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna and Yellow Ochre palette.



9/11 Memorial 
The 9/11 Memorial, even when filled with tourists, fills you with the understanding that you're on hallowed ground. These sketches were painted using my larger watercolor travel palette.

No comments :

Post a Comment